Villa Portakal is a spacious villa suitable for a large family or more than one family to enjoy a relaxing holiday. There are 5 large bedrooms all with air conditioning and also a large Turkish room on the top floor authentically furnished in the Ottoman style which can be used as a “chill out” room or an extra bedroom.
The villa has a spacious living area with plenty of facilities for relaxing. There are balconies to all the bedrooms and a spacious roof terrace with breath-taking views of the turquoise sea. The villa is set in a quiet area of Kalkan only a short walk from the town centre and is ideally situated for visiting Kalkan 's weekly market for a bit of bargain hunting. The local supermarkets are a 5 minute walk away and the old town and harbour are a 10-15 minute stroll.
The villa luxuriates in its own garden with a large swimming pool on an extensive terrace with a shady timber and cotton pergola if a break from the sun is required when it's getting too hot!
* Private swimming pool, sunbathing area, sunbeds, umbrellas, BBQ, outside furniture, outdoor shower and dining area.
* The pool size: 9m x 4m, Depth 1.6m.
The Kitchen & Lounge
* Kitchen is fully equipped - cooker, hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle, and gas hob.
* Living room area has plenty of comfortable seating, LCD TV, DVD player, satellite TV channels and unlimited internet access.
* The dining area seats 10 guests.
* 2 Patio doors lead out on to the pool terrace and fantastic views.
* Bedroom 1 is en-suite twin bedroom with air-con, wardrobe, and vanity unit. There are lovely balcony with spectacular natural and sea views.
* Bedroom 2 is en-suite double bedroom with air-con, wardrobe, and vanity unit. There are lovely balcony with spectacular natural and sea views.
* Bedroom 3 is twin bedroom with air-con, wardrobe, and vanity unit. Share bathroom with bedroom 4
* Bedroom 4 is double bedroom with air-con, wardrobe, and vanity unit. Share bathroom with bedroom 4
* Bedroom 5 is en-suite twin bedroom with air-con, wardrobe, and vanity unit. There are lovely balcony with spectacular natural and sea views.
Shops and restaurants
The main town of Kalkan is no more than 5 minutes away by car, or catch the water taxi which sails frequently from early morning to early evening. In the evening, select one of the exclusive restaurants along the marina offering a range of cuisines and serving great cocktails too!
Rising up from the shore you will come to the Old Town of Kalkan, with narrow cobbled streets home to an array of shops selling Turkish wares from shoes to spices, ceramics to clothes, handbags to hand crafted souvenirs… Originally a Greek town, the ambience does not let you forget this - as the sun goes down the twinkly lights on the rooftop terrace restaurants illuminate offering you fantastic views as you dine.
Kalkan has a small but pleasant beach only a few minutes’ walk from Villa Portakal. Or, on the Western side of Kalkan, is Kalamar beach, which has a beach club and a couple of waterside restaurants to choose from.
For anyone who does hire a car, a trip to Kaputas beach, east of Kalkan, is definitely worth a visit, if only for the scenery on the way! The beach itself is small but secluded and sandy - well worth a visit!
The beach at Patara is also within easy reach, heading further west from Kalkan. Part of the national park, Patara beach has beautiful white sand and an array of wildlife, including turtles
Places of interest and activities
Stroll down the hill to the water’s edge and you will find the small but beautiful marina where you can catch a boat to take you for an amazing day out at sea, or indulge in a choice of water sports from the beach club.
For those who want to sample some true Turkish culture, then visit the ancient roman ruins of Patara. Or, a little further up the Western coast, you will come to the historical sites of Sidyma, Letoon and Xanthos.
So whatever you desire for your summer vacation, Kalkan certainly ticks all the boxes - stunning scenery, charming culture, superb shopping, heroic history and delectable dining!
Follow Owners Abroad on Twitter
A tranquil villa in Iznate, Nerja. Offering stunning sea views, a private pool and shaded areas you can enjoy a holiday in a peaceful location, where the Spanish live and tend their grapes, olives and almonds.