As soon as you walk into the sprawling 16 acres of beautiful Cornish countryside that houses Tregulland Barn and Cottage, you'll feel a sense of calm you never knew existed...
Safely tucked away in a valley, on the edge of Bodmin Moor, the grounds alone will lure you in. Sloping fields, marvellous woodlands, a quintessential river complete with otters and a pretty lake, all offer a natural haven for you to enjoy. But that's not all. If you're travelling with children you'll also discover a fantastic play area with mini climbing wall, slide, swings, a pirate boat, toddler castle and digger track bumps. Yep! Something for everyone.
And to enjoy all of this, two stunning properties - Tregulland Barn & Cottage - are available for you to take individually or together for a group of up to twenty-two people.
Tregulland Barn - a self-catering holiday home with five en-suite bedrooms, sleeping up to ten people, is a knockout property. And, this beautifully restored property with seriously stylish bedrooms (many of which can be made into twin rooms) certainly has its game-changing elements. Take the living area that turns into a cinema room and the fact that there's a 'map room' to plan all of your adventures.
This swanky, yet cosy barn manages to retain a homely feel despite the collections of modern art, contemporary furniture and huge artwork created by designer, Laura Oakes. The Granary living area is a perfect example of this with its high oak-beamed ceilings, lovely wood burning stove, huge squashy sofas and rugs, that also boasts a top-of-the-range HD projection screen for a proper movie night, what's not to love?
And you can certainly cook up a feast for everyone in the state-of-the-art kitchen and dining area. Featuring induction hobs, a generous island, stylish granite surfaces and even a wine-fridge, inspiration will hit you in no time.
Although if you're taking both properties, there may be one night you'll want to all eat together at Tregulland Cottage. Boasting an enormous Douglas Fir table and charming vintage chairs, it accommodates up to twebty-four people and that's surely a supper you and your guests won't forget. Especially if you take advantage of the bespoke service offered by local chef Jack Stein (son of Rick), who will deliver a six-course tasting menu to your door. How's that for a five -star experience?
And if you want to be chef for the night, the rustic country kitchen at Tregulland Cottage is an inspirational space to do it. With a five ring induction hob, double oven, beautiful slate worktops and solid cedar breakfast bar with stools, it's also blessed with flagstone floors, an exposed stone wall and incredible views over the valley.
Ready to relax? The Sun Room at Tregulland Cottage is the place to go. Boasting full-length doors that open wide in the summer, and ample cosy sofas, leather armchairs and pouffes to appreciate the views out over the valley, it's simply blissful. Or try the Highland-inspired snug. If there's anywhere to hunker down on a chilly evening with a good book, this is it; sat in a sumptuous armchair next to the wood burning stove, savouring a delicious hot chocolate.
With six stunning en-suite bedrooms of its own, sleeping up to twelve guests, the 'cottage' is also ideal for a large group of people, either on its own or joint with the barn.
Both properties are impressive, luxurious and full of flair, so it seems only appropriate that the Tregulland Barn & Cottage also has a pretty unique swimming pool everyone can use. In its own timber-framed building is an indoor eco pool - one of the first of its kind in the UK. Why so unique? Because it's a freshwater pool using pure spring water - no chemicals. Backlit at night, it's a stunning setting for an evening swim. There's also a children's pool and a wood-fired hot tub outside. Yes, they really have thought of everyone!
Whether it's for a multi-generational family holiday, a large group of friends getting together or to mark a celebration in someone's life, this really is the perfect place to enjoy your special time. And with North Cornwall and the Devon border right on your doorstep, you can explore a lot of what's wonderful about this part of the country - and there's a lot, we assure you!
For those expecting smaller parties - Tregulland Barn is available for ten guests and Tregulland Cottage is available for twelve guests.
Tregulland Barn Interior
- Utility Room with large fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, downstairs shower room with basin, WC and shower cubicle.
- Kitchen with double sink, five ring induction hobs, double oven, two dishwashers, kitchen island, and breakfast bar with four chairs, open plan to Dining Room.
- Dining Room with large dining table for 12 people, wood burning stove, LCD TV, iPod docking station and CD player.
- Map Room with antique desk and chairs, and route planner of Devon and Cornwall.
- Kestrel bedroom with queen sized bed and En-suite shower room .
- Goldfinch bedroom with super king-sized bed, which can be made into twin beds En-suite bathroom/wet room.
- Granary sitting room with wood burning stove, comfy seating, children's area, HD Projector screen, DVD library.
- Peregrine bedroom with super king-sized bed, which can be made into twin beds and En-suite bathroom with double-ended navy-blue roll top bath and separate shower cubicle.
- Kingfisher bedroom with super king-sized bed, which can be made into twin beds and En-suite shower room with rainfall shower head and hand shower
Barn Owl bedroom with double bed and En-suite shower room.
Tregulland Cottage Interior
- A snug with leather armchairs, wood burning stove and traditional bread oven
Stylish, spacious kitchen with open plan to snug, double doors to Sun Room and bi-fold doors to dining area.
- Large dining room with table seating up to 24 people.
- Sun Room with armchairs, sofas, pouffes and footstalls.
- Meadowsweet bedroom - super king-sized bed, that can be made into twins and En-suite shower room.
- Angelica bedroom - super king-sized bed, that can be made into twins and En-suite shower room.
- Celandine bedroom - king-sized bed with space for foldaway bed or cot, and En-suite shower.
- Valerian bedroom - king-sized bed, which can be made into twins and En-suite bathroom with freestanding roll top bath.
- Saxifrage bedroom with queen-sized bed and En-suite shower room.
- Wood Aven bedroom with king-sized bed, which can be made into twins and En-suite shower room.
The Pool House
- 12 x 5 metre freshwater indoor swimming pool, separate children's pool, steam room, changing room, shower, cloakroom and bi-fold doors.
- Hot tub and outdoor shower.
The Games Room
- Complete with dart board and table tennis.
- Mini climbing wall, a slide, swings, balance trunks, stepping stones, balance planks, a pirate boat, a toddler castle and digger track bumps.
- Tregulland Barn & Cottage has private grounds extending to 16 acres, including meadows, woodland, a stream and lake.
Hidden away in the beautiful North Cornish countryside is the tiny hamlet of Tregulland. Overlooking the mystical, and quite simply, stunning Bodmin Moor, you're in for a visual treat. Whether you're gazing out the windows of your holiday home as far as the eye can see, or meandering through the unspoilt countryside on one of many walks, it's a great place to experience all that's wonderful about the local flora, fauna and wildlife.
If you manage to pull yourself away, you are just a 20-minute drive from Launceston - once the capital of Cornwall. Boasting a majestic Norman castle, beautiful 18th-century townhouses, museums, galleries and fantastic restaurants, it's also a great base to explore Dartmoor in Devon and the instagrammable Tamar Valley between Devon and Cornwall.
But, there's so much more. If you're willing to drive, why not also consider the gorgeous beaches for which Cornwall is renowned. Try Widemouth bay, Northcott Mouth, Crackington Haven and Trebarwith Strand, to name a few. And if you're taking the kids, choose wisely - there's so much to see and do; the world-famous Eden project - the world's largest rainforest in captivity - for starters, the Lost Gardens of Heligan - one of the most popular botanical gardens in the UK, the Hidden Valley Adventure Park with a great maze, and for a little history, the majestic Tintagel Castle - the reputed birthplace of King Arthur, and more....
So close to Exeter, Tregulland is the ideal place to spend a holiday, as you won't have to navigate through many of Cornwall's narrow roads, making it accessible, but within easy reach of all that this wonderful region has to offer.
Follow Owners Abroad on Twitter
A tranquil villa in Iznate, Nerja. Offering stunning sea views, a private pool and shaded areas you can enjoy a holiday in a peaceful location, where the Spanish live and tend their grapes, olives and almonds.