Brace yourselves, this is one hot property! Full of flair, Tregulland Barn - a self-catering holiday home in North Cornwall has all the trappings of a boutique hotel, but with some serious game-changing elements too. Take the living area that turns into a cinema room, the freshwater swimming pool - one of the first of its kind in the UK - or the fact that there's a 'map room' to plan all of your adventures. And that's without the wonderful natural surroundings that are truly humbling.
Tucked away in a valley, on the edge of Bodmin Moor, this swanky, yet cosy Cornish barn manages to retain a homely feel despite the collections of modern art, contemporary furniture and huge artwork created by designer, Laura Oakes. With five individually styled ensuite bedrooms, you'll be spoilt for choice - each furnished to make you feel at home - a very plush home - with wooden beams and luxurious beds you'll find hard to leave. Featuring Hansgrohe rainfall showers and REN bath products - an early morning shower may tempt you though!
Set in 16 acres of ground, here you'll find something to suit everyone. From the peace and tranquillity of the gardens to the quintessential river for a spot of bird and otter watching, and the terrace for a wonderful al fresco dining experience. And let's not forget the children. Featuring a fantastic play area for children with a pirate boat, castle and climbing frame, and plenty of woodland that's ripe for exploring, you may just get some peace to enjoy those incredible views across the valley to Bodmin Moor.
Step inside, and this standout property will reveal even more wonders. The Granary room is ideal for entertaining and relaxing - showcasing another reason why the barn suits larger groups of people. The high oak-beamed ceilings, the lovely wood burning stove, huge squashy sofas and rugs make for an inviting proposition. Coupled with the fact that you can lower the HD projection screen for a proper movie night, what's not to love?
And you can certainly cook up a feast for everyone in the state-of-the-art kitchen and dining area. Featuring induction hobs, a generous island, stylish granite surfaces and even a wine-fridge - this is one extravagant hangout for any would-be-chefs. But, if you fancy being cooked for by a professional - why not take advantage of a bespoke service offered by local chef Jack Stein (son of Rick), who will deliver a six-course tasting menu to your door. How's that for a five -star experience?
So, it seems only appropriate that Tregulland Barn also has a pretty unique swimming pool. In its own timber-framed building is an indoor eco pool - one of the first of its kind in the UK. Why so unique? Because it's a freshwater pool using pure spring water - no chemicals. Backlit at night, it's a beautiful setting for an evening swim. There's also a children's pool and a wood-fired hot tub outside. Yes, they really have thought of everyone!
Sleeping ten people in five double en-suite bedrooms (with zip link beds that can be made into twins), the barn is spacious, stylish and an experience you quite honestly won't forget. Just an hour from Exeter, within 20 minutes drive of some fantastic Cornish beaches, and views overlooking the ethereal Bodmin Moor, you're going to love it...
Tregulland Barn and Tregulland Cottage can be rented together at Tregulland Barn and Cottage, for those with parties of twenty-two guests.
- Utility Room with large fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, downstairs shower room with basin, WC and shower cubicle.
- Kitchen with double sink, five ring induction hob, double oven, two dishwashers, kitchen island, and breakfast bar with four chairs, open plan to Dining Room.
- Dining Room with large dining table for 12 people, woodburning stove, LCD TV, iPod docking station and CD player.
- Map Room with antique desk and chairs, and route planner of Devon and Cornwall.
- Kestrel bedroom with queen sized bed and en-suite shower room.
- Goldfinch bedroom with super king sized bed, which can be made into twin beds en-suite bathroom/wet room.
- Granary sitting room with woodburning stove, comfy seating, children's area, HD Projector screen, DVD library.
- Peregrine bedroom with super king sized bed, which can be made into twin beds and en-suite bathroom with double-ended navy blue roll top bath and separate shower cubicle.
- Kingfisher bedroom with super king sized bed, which can be made into twin beds and en-suite shower room with rainfall shower head and hand shower
Barn Owl bedroom with double bed and en-suite shower room.
The Pool House
- 12 x 5 metre freshwater indoor swimming pool, separate children's pool, steam room, changing room, shower, cloakroom and bi-fold doors.
- Hot tub and outdoor shower.
The Games Room
- Complete with dart board and table tennis.
- Mini climbing wall, a slide, swings, balance trunks, stepping stones, balance planks, a pirate boat, a toddler castle and digger track bumps.
- The Grounds
Hawthorn Barn has private grounds extending to 16 acres, including meadows, woodland, a stream and lake.
Hidden away in the beautiful North Cornish countryside is the tiny hamlet of Tregulland. Overlooking the mystical, and quite simply, stunning Bodmin Moor, you're in for a visual treat. Whether you're gazing out the windows of your holiday home as far as the eye can see, or meandering through the unspoilt countryside on one of many walks, it's a great place to experience all that's wonderful about the local flora, fauna and wildlife.
If you manage to pull yourself away, you are just a 20-minute drive from Launceston - once the capital of Cornwall. Boasting a majestic Norman castle, beautiful 18th-century townhouses, museums, galleries and fantastic restaurants, it's also a great base to explore Dartmoor in Devon and the instagrammable Tamar Valley between Devon and Cornwall.
But, there's so much more. If you're willing to drive, why not also consider the gorgeous beaches for which Cornwall is renowned. Try Widemouth bay, Northcott Mouth, Crackington Haven and Trebarwith Strand, to name a few. And if you're taking the kids, choose wisely - there's so much to see and do; the world-famous Eden project - the world's largest rainforest in captivity - for starters, the Lost Gardens of Heligan - one of the most popular botanical gardens in the UK, the Hidden Valley Adventure Park with a great maze, and for a little history, the majestic Tintagel Castle - the reputed birthplace of King Arthur, and more....
So close to Exeter, Tregulland is the ideal place to spend a holiday, as you won't have to navigate through many of Cornwall's narrow roads, making it accessible, but within easy reach of all that this wonderful region has to offer.
Follow Owners Abroad on Twitter
A tranquil villa in Iznate, Nerja. Offering stunning sea views, a private pool and shaded areas you can enjoy a holiday in a peaceful location, where the Spanish live and tend their grapes, olives and almonds.