Welcome to Smugglers Nest. This magnificent home is one of the finest in the whole Caribbean and was extensively described in one of the issues of Architectural Digest.
Its lush tropical garden is a botanical paradise with many different kinds of palms, flowers, plants and trees and is definitely the most romantic place for honeymooners on the island of St. Lucia. This very secluded and easily accessible villa is not visible from the road and is perched on the hillside above Smugglers Cove with unparalleled views of the ocean and the coastline from all the rooms. Smugglers Cove has a sandy beach and the reefs provide one of the most interesting places to snorkel in St. Lucia. A championship 18 hole golf course is just minutes away by car.
Smugglers Nest combines all the essential elements of a dream home in the Caribbean, from its stunning architecture and finishes to its wonderful location and its beautiful tropical landscaped gardens with a network of footpaths that allow for leisurely strolls. You can rest for a drink in one of the two delightful gazebos, one of which looks out over the sea, the other one is tucked away in the garden. Or, have lunch on one of the many terraces around the house. A large crystal clear swimming pool interchanges with the sea and is nestled below the house and affords views out over the ocean. Last, but not least, you should have your sunset drink on the lower deck which provides marvelous views of Pigeon Island against the striking Caribbean sunset.
The house is designed as an open plan, so it can benefit from the cooling tropical breeze. It is imaginatively furnished with antique Indonesian furniture and artifacts set against a dazzling white background giving a unique blend of the old and the sophisticated. There are two lovely airy living areas. One for lounging, with the other serves as a TV room with cable television. The open plan dining room is adjacent to a well appointed kitchen and a series of open patios. The master bedroom has a king-sized bed with unusual bamboo posters draped with a net. There are small patios off this room giving a 180 degree view of the ocean. Complementing this bedroom is an ensuite bath room with the privacy to enjoy ' a bath for two with a view', a separate shower and dressing room. The second bedroom has an interesting gallery with the bedroom on a lower level, opening on to its own large private patio. This has a double bed and a large ensuite shower room. A cozy study aquipped with desktop computer and a conveniently located bathroom complete this house.
Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite with shower, bath and dressing room, Private patios.
Bedroom 1: Double bed, Ensuite shower room.
- Cable TV
- CD player, Stereo
- Washing machine
- Hair dryer.
St Lucia is located midway down the Eastern Caribbean chain, between Martinique and St. Vincent, and north of Barbados. St. Lucia is only 27 miles long and 14 miles wide. The Atlantic Ocean meets its eastern shore, while the beaches of the west coast owe their beauty to the calm Caribbean Sea.
Saint Lucia is the ideal destination for adults and children alike. Whether you are searching for romance, adventure, or rejuvenation from the stresses and strains of everyday life, St Lucia promises all those and the holiday of a lifetime, offering something for everyone.
Underneath the glorious Carribean sun, St Lucia has a genuine natural landscape of palm fringed beaches, miles of unspoilt rainforest and the breathtaking Piton mountains.
For children (as well as those young at heart and mind!) there are water parks throughout the island and ATV adventures and rainforest zip lining are family favourites. Many of the island's resorts offer children's activities so parents can enjoy a cocktail or couples massage whilst knowing that the kids are safe and enjoying their ultimate childhood holiday.
St Lucia is also a romantic paradise for couples; bask together under the Carribean Sun, sail into a champagne sunset and relax under the vast starry sky.
For all those who travel to this island, tropical weather, glorious weather and the holiday of a lifetime truly does await.
Smugglers Nest is located close to Pointe du Cap within Cap Estate, a large residential development at the northern tip of the island. Two of the best restaurants in St Lucia are nearby - the Great House and Tao at LeSport. Views from the estate include Pigeon Island National Park, a forty four acre National Trust reserve. Opposite Pigeon Point is Rodney Bay, St Lucia's busiest tourist area, where there are hotels, good restaurants and bars, a shopping mall, banks, mini marts and a nearby supermarket and a very lively nightlife.
- The Rodney Bay and Pigeon Island area is a ten minute drive.
- Castries and George F L Charles Airport are approximately 25 minutes drive away.
- Daily housekeeper - Monday to Saturday 8am to 3pm.
- Resident watchman/pool maintenance and gardener - in his gatehouse in the garden.
- Watchman's dog and cat on property.
- Maximum 4 guests.
- Because of the cliffs, children under 16 years of age are not accepted
- 11% Government Tax.
- Prices may be subject to local taxes and service charges where applicable and may change without notice.
- Actual exchange rate may vary.
- This property is a non smoking property. External areas ONLY may be utilised for the smoking of cigarettes/cigars. Also if any illegal substances are located or found on the property the result will be immediate eviction and charges may be levied against you.
- Please note check in 2 pm/check out 12 noon. Late check outs can be granted upon request, subject to availability, and after paying an applicable fee of US$100.
- All damages and/or missing items are accountable under the damages contract. All charges are to be settled prior to departure.
- International calls cannot be made from the telephones at the villas, unless a cash deposit or credit card pre-authourisation is made and then these lines can be opened. Once this is done, guests are then liable for all international calls made from the telephone line. This also includes international toll free numbers dialled outside of the country as these DO incur charges locally.
- For Christmas/New Years bookings, a 50% Non refundable deposit is required. We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover you in the eventuality of a cancellation.
- No pets allowed on the property however the Watchman's dog and cat are on the property.
- Rates are based on double occuancy.
- Please note that our housekeepers are not trained nannies and should not be expected to look after and/or babysit infants and children. If you do make babysitting arrangements with the staff, please be advised this is at your own risk.
Follow Owners Abroad on Twitter
A tranquil villa in Iznate, Nerja. Offering stunning sea views, a private pool and shaded areas you can enjoy a holiday in a peaceful location, where the Spanish live and tend their grapes, olives and almonds.