The shared 15-metre pool is only 30 metres from the sea: you can hear waves on the shore from every room. Unspoiled sandy beaches and friendly tavernas are all close by. Nestled in a secluded corner of the Akrotiri, SEASCAPE is an architect-designed property with modern facilities. But mostly there’s the astonishing view, the peace of the area. And the sound of the sea.
Within only 10 minutes’ drive of SEASCAPE lie the stunning beaches of Tersanas, Kalathas and Stavros: Seitan Limania, Marathi and Loutro are only slightly further. Numerous Trip Advisor-recommended restaurants and Trip Advisor-starred tavernas lie in the immediate area - as of course does Chania's culture and nightlife! (Chania is only twenty minutes' drive away, as is Chania Airport).
SEASCAPE is also only a couple of hours' drive from the world-renowned beaches of Elafonissi and Balos, the Samaria Gorge, and Knossos itself.
(Please note: the very large pool may be shared by occupants of three adjoining houses, depending upon the season. Please also note: we aren't allowed to say it's child-friendly, despite its having a children's area of the pool, because it has an open stairway and railings on the balcony. However, we do believe it child-friendly, for children of over four.)
Guests can enjoy:
1) Beautiful gardens on both sides of the complex
2) Ample parking
3) Patio with outdoor dining set overlooking the sunsets
4) Air-conditioning separately controlled in every room (and under-floor heating)
5) Fully-equipped kitchen with electric cooker and hob, dishwasher, microwave, juicer, coffee maker, toaster etc.
6) Downstairs TV and DVD (and a second flat-screen DVD-playing TV in bedroom 1). 65 classic DVDs provided
7) Washing machine and dryer
8) Tennis racquets and tennis balls (tennis club in the area)
9) Three guides to Crete, maps. Not to mention: our own insider's guide to parking around Chania and other local places, including foodie recommendations
10) Three tall pedestal fans for days not hot enough for air-conditioning
11) Five sunbeds, two large parasols
12) Board games (including chess, Scrabble and Blockus)
13) Handy fold-up chairs and strong parasol for beach, beach towels, backpack for hiking, metal water containers
14) Wheelchair access to ground floor and pool
Reviews from our visitors' book (prior to Airbnb being approved by Greek government):
Heather and Phil: "Loved it. The view, the house, Knossos, the Botanical Gardens, Chania, the local tavernas and the unspoiled beaches. Your pool is simply perfection overlooking the sea. Did fifty lengths every morning!"
Simon and Sally and family: "Thanks so much for letting us borrow your amazing villa! Stunning weather during last two weeks of September, wonderful places to eat and sunsets everywhere! Your house is perfectly designed, trust we left it as impeccable as we found it! (Broke one wine glass, but bought six!)"
Lindsey and Peter: "Wonderful week and wished we’d had two – Alice, it was simply fantastic. Perfectly equipped place and quiet, but still close to everything . Special kudos to the Sunset Taverna on the beach and the hike down from the local monastery."
Margaret, Chris and Barbara: "What a glorious week, the most relaxing holiday of our lives! No traffic, no fuss, everything on tap – even tennis locally – our last day and we really don’t want to go home."
Neil, Mandy, Tom and Laura: "Fabulous place, quiet and perfect even in July. Even the beaches felt uncrowded – though Chania was busy – and we love love love your house, especially the sunsets from the balcony and going to sleep to the sound of the waves below. . ."
Follow Owners Abroad on Twitter
A tranquil villa in Iznate, Nerja. Offering stunning sea views, a private pool and shaded areas you can enjoy a holiday in a peaceful location, where the Spanish live and tend their grapes, olives and almonds.