Spend precious moments with your loved ones and friends under the Mediterranean sun, dining, relaxing or exploring the grounds of Casa Frare. The property has been extensively refurbished and combines the traditional finca style with all modern comforts and furnishings. The striking interior fuses designer furniture with original rustic features such as whitewashed stone walls, wooden beam ceilings and quirky hideout areas. Although the interior is sophisticated it still retains its traditional Spanish charm.
The house was built organically as three wings around a large central living room – which means that all the bedrooms have maximum privacy and peace. The living room is 6 metres long, with a 5 metres high beamed ceiling – an exquisite place, with an ancient door 4 metres high & plenty of character. Opening the doors and allowing the air to flow through is a truely magical feeling especially with the spectacular views over Sant Antonio. We can honestly say that Can Frare is a rare treat.
All the walls are original, stone built, 3 feet thick, and therefore sound proof, coated in Cal (whitewash made the traditional way from limestone); the hardwood beams high above are sabina and olive, coated in the oil of linseed; all products sourced locally. The floor is a simple, traditional Mediterranean cement.
Wi-FI, with a good signal, is available across the whole house therefore perfect for those of you who wish to work a little while on holiday, also integrated is a Sonos Sound System with Bose speakers across the whole house; every room has A/C; and also there is a natural well from which one can drink.
Casa Frare has 6 double bedrooms; of which 2 are master bedrooms; 4 are en suites; 5 bathrooms; 2 bedrooms which share a bathroom and all bedroom have a special unique design.
The Tower - Master suite with en-suite office, outside terrace, bathroom and perfect views
The Studio - second master bedroom with living area, kitchenette, terrace and en-suite bathroom. There is a connecting door to the lounge therefore when closed this space is totally independent.
Conejera Bedroom - named after the Conejera Island just off the coast of San Antonio.
The Bay - Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
Las Tias & The Sanctuary Bedroom - 2 double beds - This is the oldest part of the house
Can Frare is listed as a house of architectural merit & is one of the oldest houses on the island – and has been lovingly cared for by the same Ibercencan family for almost 200 years now – this is a house rich in history & cared for by genuine locals.
Interiors / Grounds
- Open plan lounge/dining room leading on to a small studio apartment, 2 bedrooms and the kitchen. Stairs lead up to the first floor where you will find a further 4 bedrooms
- Fully equipped kitchen with small table and seating area which leads out the the back terrace and garden area.
- 6 double bedrooms, 4 with ensuite bathrooms and 2 bedrooms share a bathroom on the ground floor. All bedrooms have air conditioning
- International Satellite TV & 2 generous areas to watch TV
- 20 MB satellite WIFI
- Air Conditioning in all bedrooms
- A Sonos sound system with Bose speakers
- A gated entrance, an alarm system, and 3 safes
- 2 outdoor fully equipped dining areas with seating for up to 20 people
- 2 indoor fully equipped kitchens
- Smoke alarms, blankets & extinguishers
- Cot & High chairs
- 14m x 6m Swimming pool, which is fully gated to control children
- Sun Loungers
- Parking space for up to 15 cars
- A well
- Outdoor cinema
- Front and back terrace with seating areas
Follow Owners Abroad on Twitter
A tranquil villa in Iznate, Nerja. Offering stunning sea views, a private pool and shaded areas you can enjoy a holiday in a peaceful location, where the Spanish live and tend their grapes, olives and almonds.